Makes 14 servings | Category: Keto Appetizers & Snacks
Looking for a delicious keto appetizer that will satisfy your bacon cravings? Look no further than these BLT Stuffed Mushrooms!
Filled with a flavorful mixture of bacon, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese, these mushrooms are a bacon lover’s dream. The crispy bacon combined with the creamy cheeses and savory mushroom caps creates a mouthwatering combination that is sure to impress your guests. Serve them on a bed of lettuce for a refreshing touch.
With only 213 calories per serving, these stuffed mushrooms are a guilt-free indulgence. Enjoy them fresh or save any leftovers for a tasty snack later. Get ready to savor the irresistible flavors of these BLT Stuffed Mushrooms!
- 20 large button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 227g/½ pound bacon, cut into tiny pieces
- 113g (4oz) cream cheese (½ cup), softened
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and wash them. Place the caps on a paper towel to dry. Chop the stems finely.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the onions, garlic, and mushroom stems. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onions soften. Cook until the bacon is crispy, about 4 minutes.
- Pour the bacon mixture into a mixing bowl. Combine the cheeses in a mixing bowl. Fill each mushroom cap with 1 tbsp of the bacon and cheese mixture.
- Season the stuffed mushrooms in an 8-inch square baking dish (a pie pan also works) with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the mushrooms soften and the cheese melts. Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter. Place the baked mushrooms on top of the lettuce bed.
- Although these are best served fresh, any leftovers can be covered and refrigerated for up to three days. Reheat for 5 minutes in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven or toaster oven, or until the cheese is melted.
- Calories: 213kcal
- Fat: 4.8g (0.5g S.Fat)
- Carbs: 44.6g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 191mg