Makes 12 bars | Category: Kid Friendly Vegan
Looking for a delicious and healthy snack that will satisfy your taste buds?
Look no further!
We have a delightful recipe for Fruity Granola Bars that are not only vegan but also packed with nutritious goodness. These bars are bursting with the flavors of dried fruits and nuts, making them the perfect on-the-go treat or a quick energizer during your busy day.
So, let’s dive into this recipe and create some mouthwatering granola bars that will leave you wanting more!
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup peanut butter (or almond butter or nut or seed butter of your choice)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons apple juice
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- ¾ cup chopped dried fruit (cherries, apricots, raisins, blueberries, apples, peach, and/or mango)
- ½ cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, and/or peanuts; see Variation)
- ½ cup sunflower (or pepitas/pumpkin seeds, or mixture of both)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the dates, nut butter, apple juice, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, dried fruit, nuts, and seeds. Add the date mixture and stir until combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish and use a silicone spatula to flatten and smooth it.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden, then remove from the oven and let cool completely before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and use the parchment paper to lift the granola out of the baking dish. Slice into 12 bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. The bars will keep for 7 to 10 days.