Makes 4 servings | Category: Vegan Breakfast
Looking for a delicious and nutritious vegan recipe that’s bursting with flavor? Look no further than our Mushroom-Kale Skillet Hash!
This hearty dish combines earthy mushrooms, vibrant kale, and a medley of aromatic spices to create a tantalizing symphony of tastes. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings while nourishing your body.
Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure with our Mushroom-Kale Skillet Hash – the perfect way to start your day or enjoy as a wholesome dinner option.
Let’s dive in and discover the magic of this sensational vegan dish!
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 or 4 red potatoes (about 18 ounces, chopped into ½-inch cubes)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced 1½ teaspoons
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Low-sodium vegetable broth, optional
- 1 bunch (12 to 16 ounces dino kale (aka lacinato or black kale), stems removed, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, preferably cast iron, over medium heat for a minute. Add the onions and sauté just until translucent.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, mushrooms, and Old Bay and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms and potatoes are tender and the potatoes are golden, 15 to 20 minutes. If sticking occurs, add a splash of vegetable broth and lower the heat.
- Once the veggies are tender, add the kale and cook until wilted. Add salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.