Makes 4 to 6 servings | Category: Easy Vegan Weeksnights
Looking for a delicious and comforting vegan soup recipe? Look no further than Potato Leek Soup!
This hearty and creamy dish is packed with the flavors of tender potatoes and aromatic leeks, creating a perfect harmony of taste and texture. Whether you’re a fan of soups or simply looking to try something new, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings while keeping it vegan-friendly.
Get ready to indulge in a bowlful of pure comfort with this delightful Potato Leek Soup!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Quick Bacon Crumbles, optional
- Chopped green onions, optional
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute. Add the
- potatoes, rosemary, thyme, sage, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and liquid smoke. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth (or mostly smooth with a few potato chunks—your call). Alternatively, you can transfer the soup in batches to a blender and carefully blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper. Serve topped with bacon crumbles and green onions, if desired. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 6 days.