Makes 2 cups | Category: Vegan Staples
Introducing the irresistible vegan delight: Quick Bacon Crumbles! Get ready to embark on a flavorsome journey that will satisfy your taste buds while keeping it plant-based.
This tantalizing recipe brings together smoky, savory goodness and a crispy texture that will leave you craving for more. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or simply looking to explore new culinary horizons, these delightful bacon crumbles are sure to impress both your palate and your guests.
So, let’s dive into this mouthwatering creation and discover the magic of vegan cooking!
- One 8-oz. Package tempeh (soy-free if necessary)
- ¼ cup liquid aminos (or gluten-free tamari; use coconut aminos to be soy-free)
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Line a plate with paper towels. Crumble the tempeh into small pieces and set aside.
- Combine the liquid aminos, broth, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the liquid smoke, maple syrup, cumin, and garlic powder in a cup. Stir until combined.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Add the tempeh crumbles and toss to coat in oil. Cook for about 1 minute, then add the sauce. Cook, stirring every few minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed and the tempeh is tender with a crispy exterior.
- Transfer the tempeh to the prepared plate to absorb any excess oil. Sprinkle with black pepper. Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.