Makes 4 servings | Category: Keto Appetizers & Snacks
Looking to add a Greek twist to your keto recipe collection? Look no further!
Introducing Spanakopita Flatbread at Its Best – a delightful fusion of Mediterranean flavors and low-carb goodness. Get ready to indulge in a scrumptious combination of spinach, feta cheese, and savory herbs, all nestled on a fluffy, keto-friendly flatbread.
Whether you’re a fan of Greek cuisine or simply craving a deliciously satisfying meal, this recipe is sure to win your taste buds over. Get ready to embark on a culinary journey that will leave you saying Opa!
- 1¾ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 large egg
- ⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup Greek dressing, homemade (store bought) or store-bought, plus extra for serving
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup diced green bell peppers
- ¼ cup chopped red onions
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp sliced cherry tomatoes
- Handful of fresh spinach leaves
- Fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- To make the dough, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella and butter and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted. Stir everything together thoroughly.
- Mix in the egg thoroughly with a hand mixer. Combine the almond flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Work it with your hands like a traditional dough, kneading it for about 3 minutes. (Note: If the dough is too sticky, chill it for an hour or overnight in the refrigerator.)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F and place a pizza stone (or a baking sheet, but a pizza stone will bake the bottom better).
- Place the dough on a greased sheet of parchment paper and pat it out with your hands to form a large circle, approximately 10 inches in diameter, or a rectangle, approximately 8 by 10 inches.
- Cover the pizza crust with the Greek dressing. Top with the bell peppers and onions and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and top with black olives, tomatoes, spinach leaves, and oregano. Serve with an extra dollop of Greek dressing on the side.
- This flatbread is best eaten fresh, but any leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven or toaster oven, or until the cheese is melted.
- Calories: 190kcal
- Fat: 13.8g (10.4g S.Fat)
- Carbs: 16.4g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Sodium: 7mg