Makes 1 serving | Category: Keto Beef & Lamb
Looking to take your steak game to the next level? Look no further!
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this mouthwatering keto recipe featuring crispy frites and a luscious Béarnaise sauce.
Get ready to savor every flavorful bite as you elevate your steak experience like never before.
- 1 cauliflower stem
- 2 tsp melted unsalted butter (or melted coconut oil, lard, or avocado oil if dairy free)
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (113g/4oz) boneless rib-eye steak, about ¾ inch thick
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (or coconut oil, lard, or avocado oil if dairy-free)
- 3 tbsp Béarnaise Sauce (store-bought), or 2 tbsp beef bone broth, homemade or store-bought, for a dairy-free, egg-free pan sauce
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- To make the fries, preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F. Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut the cauliflower stem into French fry shapes and place them on a baking sheet that has been greased. Coat the fries in melted butter and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Season both sides of the steak with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and melt the butter in it. Sear the steak for 1 minute on each side. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes more, or until the steak is medium-rare. Remove the steak from the pan and set it aside to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- If you don't want to make the béarnaise sauce, use the beef broth to make a quick pan sauce instead: Pour in the broth and whisk to scrape the bottom of the pan and combine the drippings and broth.
- Place the steak on a plate, top with the cauliflower fries, and drizzle with the béarnaise or pan sauce. If desired, garnish with thyme leaves.
- This dish is best served fresh, but any leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Warm the steak and fries in a baking dish for 5 minutes in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven.
- Calories: 424kcal
- Fat: 9.5g (1.1g S.Fat)
- Carbs: 66.8g
- Protein: 21.4g
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 489mg