Makes 2 servings | Category: Keto Beef & Lamb
Hey there! Craving a delicious steak dinner? Look no further than this yummy Steak with Blue Cheese Whip.
This dish is sure to be a hit with everyone in your family, combining succulent steak, creamy blue cheese whip, and a hint of saltiness.
Perfect for any occasion – whether it's an easy weeknight dinner or an impressive special-occasion meal.
Plus, the nutrition values are on point too!
Let's get cooking!
- 1 (340g/12oz) T-bone steak, about
- ¾ inch thick
- 1¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp keto fat, for frying
BLUE CHEESE WHIP:
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 10g (¼ oz) blue cheese, finely crumbled
- ⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper on all sides. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, then add the fat. Sear the steak for 3 minutes on each side when the pan is hot.
- Place the skillet in the oven to cook the steak until it is done to your liking, using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Make the blue cheese whip while the steak is resting: In a stand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Stir in the blue cheese and salt until thoroughly combined. (Note: The whip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.)
- Serve each steak portion with 2 tbsp blue cheese whip.
- This dish is best served fresh, but any leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat for 5 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven, or until warmed through.
- Calories: 424kcal
- Fat: 9.5g (1.1g S.Fat)
- Carbs: 66.8g
- Protein: 21.4g
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 489mg